On 19/07/2011 07:56, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
On 19.07.2011 1:22, Scott Long wrote:
Btw, I *HATE* the "chip" and "card" identifiers used in pciconf.  Can we change
it to emit
the standard (sub)vendor/(sub)device terminology?

Oh, yeah.  I hate that too.  Would you want them as 4 separate entities or to
just rename the
labels to 'devid' and 'subdevid'?

If we're going to change it, might as well break it down into 4 fields.  Maybe
we retain the old
format under a legacy switch and/or env variable for users that have tools that
parse the output
(cough yahoo cough).

Hi, Scott

i think for keeping POLA it is better add new option to make new output format.

This is a too strict interpretation of POLA! If the change is done for better compliance with standards and it is done in a major version (i.e. 9.0 or 10.0), it's not a matter of POLA (otherwise, the change will never happen).