On 01/14/2012 11:00, per...@pluto.rain.com wrote:
Ken Smith<kensm...@buffalo.edu>  wrote:

The release notes were not ready at the point we started up the
release builds so the online versions are the only ones that have
any useful information in them.

Perhaps the final version could be made MFCd to the errata/security
branch, and/or added to the FTP sites alongside the ISOs.

In the future, might it be useful to delay the release until the
release notes are available?  I would _guess_ that doing a partial
build, of only the release notes, would not take all that long.

And can we say that 9.0-RELEASE is the first FreeBSD release not including the
release documentation on the distribution media ?

On an another topic, as the author of PR 162190, I am afraid that this release,
as built, is not able to play audio CDs with popular applications like VLC: the
needed commit (r230014) has been done by mav@ in stable/9 on Jan 12.

Claude Buisson