On 2/5/12 3:05 AM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
on 05/02/2012 09:58 Julian Elischer said the following:
In 9.x ( can't check -current, but teh mailing list has a better readership)

I'm still seeing this and have still not found any solution:
possible reasons for the change may be:
1/ change to kgdb?
2/ change to the compiling toolset?
3/ change to the .mk files for compiling modules?

any guidance would be appreciated..
The reason I can get away with using FreeBSD ar work is because I can debug
modules well
as in Linux this is generally a problem.. Now I see similar breakage in
freebsd.  (sigh)).

I really don't know where to start looking for this..
Julian,

just in case, how about some basic stuff like checking that the modules are
indeed built with debugging support, that .symbols are installed and are
accessible, that kgdb produces those messages: "Reading symbols", "Loaded
symbols".

it seems to have been some timing issue.
the scripts that ran in 8.x fail to load the symbols in 9.x but if I do the commands again by hand,
it does load them..

so it seems to be a false alarm