Daniel Kalchev (daniel) writes:

> It will sure be interesting to learn what people avoid to use FreeBSD for.

        * full virtualization

        I am using VirtualBox in production with HAST + ZVOLs, but we need
        something like DRBD's dual master mode to be able to do a teleport of
the
        instance like Ganeti does (http://code.google.com/p/ganeti/) with Linux

        Getting Xen dom0 and/or KVM would be a major boost as a virtualization
        platform, in particular with ZFS.

        * Gluster

        For very large FSes, nothing beats it, especially now that 3.3 has been
        released.

        Mind you, I've been using FreeBSD for about 19 years, so I'm not about
        to change, but the two items above would go a long way to help FreeBSD
        grow in the data center space again (what the kids call the cloud :)

        Cheers,
        Phil