----- Original Message ----- From: "Oliver Fromme" <o...@lurza.secnetix.de>
> I need a working DVD drive, so I'm now considering to
> downgrade to 8-stable.  But then again, TMPFS didn't work
> a well for me as it does in 9-stable (which was the main
> reason for me to upgrade), so I'm kind of stuck in a
> difficult situation.

Fortunately, 9-stable works with "device atapicam", as I
just found out.  I thought I had already tried that and
got errors during linking, but that was probably with
the ATA_CAM option enabled at the same time which causes
conflicts, obviously.

So, everything's back to normal with "device atapicam"
for now, and without ATA_CAM.

Hi Oliver had a similar experience here might want to try
the patch in the following PR:-

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.