On Sat, 21 Jul 2012, "Matthew D. Fuller" <fulle...@over-yonder.net> writes

I'm running a M5A97 Evo just fine on -CURRENT, and I'd be shocked it
it had any problem with 9 (or 8 or 7, for that matter).

The external SATA ports on that board aren't AHCI.  To quote an
authority[1], "apart from that, he's *perfectly* alright."

regards,
Ross

[1]  M. Python

--
Ross Alexander, (780) 675-6823 / (780) 689-0749, r...@athabascau.ca

        "Always do right. This will gratify some people,
         and astound the rest."  -- Samuel Clemens

---