-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Baldwin <j...@freebsd.org>
An: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc: h.schmalzba...@omnilan.de
Gesendet: 17.10.'12,  20:46

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:24:44 am Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
 Hello,

I have 9.1-RC2 running in an ESXi 5.1 guest.
I use 'lsisas' as virtual SCSI-Controller and mpt attaches and finds 1068E.

Everything is working fine until the first 'shutdown -r now':
The second boot pauses for ~2 minutes after probing disks and continues
with this error:
mpt0: Timedout requests already complete. Interrupts may not be functioning.

To be clear, you only see this at the end of reboot, and the hardware is fine
once the machine is back up?
.

Thanks for your attention!
The timeout occurs after the first 'shutdown -r' while device probing during
second boot process.
Perhaps this is amd64 specific. Today I had a new i386 setup which doesn't
exhibit this timeout. But it's on different hardware and hv-host was 5.0
inestead 5.1. So not really representative...

Extra printfs affect the timing most likely.

Are you using any RAID volumes?  The only shutdown handler in mpt that looks

The controller is 'virtual' SAS. But thers's been reports that also on real HW
(sasuc8i) the same problem occurs.

I'll try your patch tomorrow morning; timezon shift...

Thanks,

-Harry