On 14.11.2012, at 02:12, Adrian Chadd <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Oh lordie, just hack the kernel to make IP_BINDANY usable by any uid,
> not just root.
>
> I was hoping that capabilitiies would actually be useful these days,
> but apparently not. :(
>
> Then you can stop this FD exchange nonsense and this problem should go away.
> :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably do that regardless of a fix to the
unp_gc problem, because it's indeed unnecessary overhead in our scenario. Still
that's a workaround you most probably don't want if you have untrusted users on
the system or you end up hacking in something comparable to
security.mac.seeotheruids.specificgid.

Markus