For testing against svn.freebsd.org -- this is pull only? So you only need read permissions on svn.freebsd.org?  That's fine: the SVN repository is open to public access and you can just use it without asking permission.  Although I'd use one of the mirror sites listed in
the handbook rather than svn.freebsd.org directly.

Correct.  I just want to give the folks that administer the servers a heads-up that there's going to be a lot more entries in their log files coming from me -- unless it's an undocumented feature of the svn protocol, md5 signatures for files are not included in directory requests and I need to issue a get-file command for each and every file to get their md5 signatures in order to determine which local files need an update.  :(