On 05/09/13 03:17, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 06:46:57PM -0600, Jamie Gritton wrote:

It's not fixed anywhere yet - it sometimes works in current, and
sometimes doesn't. I've been meaning to patch it up, but it the problem
is what I think it is, the patching up is a pretty big operation.

It doesn't mean you can't use jails with devfs in 9.1, just that you
can't use them with jail.conf. The old jail rc file that's all
shell-based is still the official jail startup method, and that one
still works. So existing systems will still work as expected, hence no
errata.

Shouldn't we warn the user about that in the manpage though?

Well really we ought to fix it. I guess the man page could have
something in the meantime, about an assumption that when you specify a
devfs ruleset, that the ruleset in question must actually exist at the time.

- Jamie