On 06/16/2013 19:46, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 07:12:33PM +0200, Michiel Boland wrote:
On 06/16/2013 17:37, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
[...]
I do not see anything related to i915 in the core.txt you provided.

Next time the machine hangs, start with the output of ps command from
ddb and 'show allpcpu', together with 'alltrace'.

Ok, I captured 'ps', 'show allpcpu' and 'alltrace' from a stuck shutdown. I've
appended it to my core.txt. (See previous e-mail.) (Note that the ddb commands
are from a different session - so the ddb output may not match with the kgdb
output.)

Hm, how do you initiate the shutdown ? Show the exact command.
Also, from the same moment of the hung system, enter the ddb and
again do ps, alltrace and 'x rebooting'.

The exact command to generate the hangs from which I created the reports was

'shutdown -r now'

FWIW - the saved core from the ddb-induced panic has

(kgdb) print rebooting
$1 = 1