On 06/27/13 18:38, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
Next, this statement by ahci(4) then confuses the user:

ahci0: AHCI v1.30 with 6 6Gbps ports, Port Multiplier not supported

Yes, this confuses even a seasoned user. ;)

TL;DR -- Your motherboard offers 6 ports, 2 of which are SATA600, 4 of
which are SATA300, and despite the line shown above by FreeBSD not
matching reality, everything is working as designed.

It wasn't too long, I *did* read both messages, and thank you both very much for the insight.
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - d...@jetcafe.org

Nobody wants constructive criticism.  It's all we can do to
put up with constructive praise.