On Thu, 12 Sep 2013, Konstantin Belousov wrote:

This time I tried with clang + these options and I got something more
interesting. All works fine until the lock violation below:
Clang is, well, not relevant there.

Still, with clang I could get a hard reset rather than a hang. But
maybe there are two different issues. I'll run more tests and see if
the fifo problem goes away with your patch below.

It seems you edited the kernel output, at least rearranging large blocks
of text.  I tried to interpret what I see in a useful way.

I got the message buffer from a minidump, here:

  http://olgeni.olgeni.com/~olgeni/textdump.tar.1

Might be, your issue is that some filesystems do not care about proper
locking mode for the fifos.  UFS carefully disables shared locking for
VFIFO, but it seems ZFS is not.  I can propose the following band-aid,
which could help you.

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a run when I get back home.

--
jimmy