Hi all,

I'm having another issue with my new desktop machine, this time with
Virtualbox. I originally sent this to freebsd-emulation a few days ago,
but I haven't had any response. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

My machine is running FreeBSD 10.2-PRERELEASE #2 r284595 with a GENERIC
kernel. I built & installed virtualbox-ose-4.3.28 (and kmod, of course)
from ports. /etc/make.conf contains

NO_LPR=yes
NO_PROFILE= true
CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes
OPTIONS_SET= OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS
OPTIONS_UNSET= NLS
############
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=python=2.7 python2=2.7 gcc=4.9 bdb=5 perl=5.22

At boot, I now see the following:

vboxdrv: fAsync=1 offMin=0x3ae80 offMax=0x3ae80
supdrvGipCreate: omni timer not supported, falling back to synchronous mode

I've never seen the supdrvGipCreate message before.

I first moved a 32 bit Windows 7 VM from my old desktop which was
running a FreeBSD-stable a week or 2 old (literally; I took the drive
out of the old machine). The first time I tried to boot the VM it took
about 7 minutes. The CPU I allocated to the VM stayed at 100%. After
some googling, I turned off hyperthreading in the 7810's BIOS. The VM
now boots in a reasonable time and is almost usable. It'll be ok for
2 or 3 seconds, then almost freeze up for a little while (so far always
less than a minute), and then be ok again for a few seconds. When it
'freezes up' its CPU is at 100%.

As a test I started installing a 64 bit Windows 8.1 VM. It behaves
exactly the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm hoping there's a BIOS
setting I can tweak to make this work.

Thanks in advance!
--
Richard Kuhns <r...@wintek.com>     Main Number:      765-742-8428
Wintek Corporation                 Direct:           765-269-8541