On 2015-08-16, Ian Lepore <i...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I wonder: is there a reason to not enable all (or most of) the refclocks
> in base and in ports?

I guess it isn't very elegant to enable clock drivers if nobody
knows whether they work or whether the hardware was ever produced
in series or whether external services they rely on still exist.

As a rough guess I'd say NMEA GPS clocks are the most popular, maybe
also by way of gpsd and SHM, some RAWDCF here in Europe, a few
institutional or corporate users with MEINBERG clocks, and then
things are getting mighty thin on the ground...  Not coincidentally
this looks quite a bit like the list of clock drivers originally
enabled (r268351).

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de