Michael B. Eichorn wrote on 11/23/2015 05:32:
On Sun, 2015-11-22 at 19:43 -0500, Brandon Allbery wrote:
On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Erich Dollansky <
erichsfreebsdl...@alogt.com> wrote:

this is a bit strange. TERM should be always define to tell the
applications the capabilities of your terminal.

Things run from crontab don't have a terminal.

Indeed cron only sets SHELL HOME PATH and USER

I note the error message looks like csh; check the target user's
.cshrc.

but we are running from cron which defaults to sh inside a script with
a #!/bin/sh and the call is su -m which should leave the environment
unmodified and use the current shell (presumably still sh) as the login
shell.

Also www has a home of /nonexistant, no .cshrc file to be had.

Maybe freebsd-update IDS is in order?

We don't use freebsd-update. All our machines are updated / upgraded from central build server by "make installkernel && make installworld" throught NFS mounted /usr/src and /usr/obj

I will try this script in clean FreeBSD 10.2 install in VirtualBox and will report results later.

Thank you for your time!

Miroslav Lachman