Hi.

I wat to start using HAST, I have two nodes and a pair of disk on each node. So I want to use HASt in an environment where each HAST resource would be mirrored. What is the preferred approach if I want to use ZFS on an end-device to avoid exsessive fscking, and, in the same time, I want to have some redundancy on a block level ? I see two possibility: HAST on a zvol of a mirrored pool, and a ZFS on a hast. But recently I heard that nested zfs (like zfs on zvol) is clamed unsupported. Futhermore, I have zfs on a geli on a zvol, and this solution proved itself to be very affected to livelocking - when disk i/o on a such fs is above some treshold, system is locking, and the only way out is to reset it. Should I chose geom_mirror to provide a device for HAST and the build ZFS on it ?

Thanks.

Eugene.