On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 18:48:25 +0200, Karl Denninger <k...@denninger.net> wrote:

This may not belong in "stable", but since Postfix is one of the
high-performance alternatives to sendmail....

Question is this -- I have sshguard protecting connections inbound, but
Postfix appears to be ignoring it, which implies that it is not paying
attention to the hosts.allow file (and the wrapper that enables it.)

Recently a large body of clowncars have been targeting my sasl-enabled
https gateway (which I use for client machines and thus do in fact need)
and while sshguard picks up the attacks and tries to ban them, postfix
is ignoring the entries it makes which implies it is not linked with the
tcp wrappers.

A quick look at the config for postfix doesn't disclose an obvious
configuration solution....did I miss it?

Don't know if postfix can handle tcp wrappers, but I use bruteblock [1] for protecting connections via the ipfw firewall. I use this for ssh and postfix.

Regards,
Ronald.

[1] http://www.freshports.org/security/bruteblock/