Hi.

On 25.01.2017 15:15, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> does anyone suffer from this too ? Right now (and for several last
>> years) a 100% decent way to reset a terminal session (for instance,
>> after a connection reset, after acidentally displaying a binary file
>> with symbols that are treated as terminal control sequence, after
>> breaking a cu session, etc) is to launch midnight commander and then
>> quit from it. And the reset is working like in 30% of cases only.
> [...]
>> Am I the only person seeing this ?
> I had some cases in the past where xterm was hanging, too -- but
> not with *that* high rate of problems.
>
> Most of the times, xterm's Full Reset options works fine.
>
> The question is: how to debug that... ?

A typical cases are:

- newlines aren't working properly, current line just got cleaned and
that's all (no scrolling up one line happens)
- mouse clicking produces some input symbols in the terminal line
- Ctrl-C stops working (just nothing happens)

I'm seeing all of these in my konsole terminal window while working with
local and remote hosts (mostly with remotes), an typing 'reset' usually
just does nothing. God bless the Midnight Commander !

Eugene.