So, resurrecting the thread from a few weeks ago, as I finally found
time yesterday to out together the Ryzen machine I bought the parts for in
Jaunary (busy year at work....). All went smoothl;y, checked it
booted up, used it for 15 minutes, was impressed by the speed and went home.

...and by the time I got home, an hour or so later, it had locked up hard.

I was somewhat dissapointed, as I had seen various fixes go in,. and had hoped
the issues were fixed. This morning I have booted the machine back up,
tweaking the BIOPS to do things mentioned in this thread, viz:

        Disable Turbo Boost
        Disable SMT
        Disable global C-states

The memory was already ruunning correctly at 2133 (though I have locked that
in the BIOS too) and I was already using kern.eventtimer.periodic=1, so
the lockup was not related to those. Its the latest BIOS, and a -STABLE
build from yesterday.

I suspect it will now be stable, but I was wondering if anyone was any further
forward on working out which of the settings above are the ones which 'fix'
the issue - or indeed if its really fixed, by them or just made far less likely
to happen.

Anyone got any more comments on this ?

cheers,

-pete.