Hi,

I run acme.sh with it configured to log to syslog. I use this syslog.conf structure to log to a specific log file:

!-acme.sh
... other syslog.conf entries ...
!acme.sh
*.*        /var/log/acme.log
!*

This has worked for ages, but I've just noticed it's no longer working at all. It appears that syslogd is now not happy with a . character in a program name. I see that there have been a lot of commits to syslogd during June and July which may have changed the behavior?

If I run logger -p user.err -t acme.sh test message then nothing is logged. If I run logger -p user.err -t acme test message (removing the .sh), with the same change in syslog.conf, then everything is logged as normal.

Obviously . is used to separate facility and priority. Is it now being parsed wrongly in the case of a program name? I've tried things like putting it in quotes or escaping it with \ and it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks,

--
Matt