On 11/6/18 4:22 PM, Rainer Duffner wrote:
Hi,

I need to install a debug-kernel.

I didn’t install the debug-kernel when I installed the system (11.2), but I
downloaded the archive.

I can unpack it - but how do I then select the kernel at boot?

I may be mistaken, but I don't think you actually need to boot the debug-kernel and modules (in fact I don't think you can), rather those files are intended for being read by kgdb while debugging a core that is generated by savecore(8) so that you have access to full symbol table etc.  this page section in the dev handbook debugging kernel core dumps:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

hope this helps,

-pete

--