> On Nov 24, 2019, at 10:19 AM, peter.b...@bsd4all.org wrote:
>
> The fruit module forces avahi or mdns_responder to be compiled as well. A
> share dispappearing could be due to some interaction with avahi. It could be
> that the combination samba+fruit+avahi and samba+avahi is having different
> behavior.

You guys are making feel like my laziness in sticking with AFP is actually
paying off. :)

Appleā€™s QA is really garbage these days. I have a hackintosh at home that by
some fluke of its uniqueness can cause a kernel panic on any mac connecting to
it via SMB. Can reproduce it all day. Connect, do stuff, and after about 5
minutes idle, the connecting machine will panic. Report it every time, existed
since at least 10.12...

Charles