On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 6:35 PM Mason Loring Bliss <ma...@blisses.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 01:08:43AM +0000, Glen Barber wrote:
>
> > Note regarding arm SD card images: For convenience for those without
> > console access to the system, a freebsd user with a password of
> > freebsd is available by default for ssh(1) access.
>
> Vaguely related... Something I've been wondering recently is whether
> there'd be support for the idea of converting /etc/master.passwd,
> /etc/passwd, /etc/rc.conf, and /etc/ssh/sshd_config in install media to
> symlinks pointing into /tmp/bsdinstall_etc.
>
> As of today I use mount_unionfs to modify these so I can fire up sshd
> inside the installer image live environment, but it does seem like a missed
> opportunity to make sshd available usefully out of the box, especially
> since the bits are all there already - it's just not possible to make use
> of them without some trickery because of the immutable configs.
>
> --
> Mason Loring Bliss  ((   If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
>  ma...@blisses.org   ))   giants were standing on my shoulders. - Hal
> Abelson

My opinion is that , instead of specifying a fixed password in install .iso
or .img files ,
ask these password(s) to installer during install .
In that way , live images can be used any time safely  because password(s)
is(are) unknown beforehand and is(are) only valid upto end  of the current
session .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk