On 01/02/2021 22:48, Johan Hendriks wrote:
I just updated my FreeBSD 13.0-APLPHA3 to the latest revision and now i can not start varnish anymore.
This is on two machines.

if i start varnish it errors out as the startup script does a config file check.
If i try to do a test of the config file i get the following error.

root@jhost002:~ # varnishd -C -f /usr/local/etc/varnish/default.vcl
Error: Cannot create working directory '/tmp/varnishd_C_dwbl7mn/': Is a directory Error: Cannot create working directory (/tmp/varnishd_C_dwbl7mn/): No error: 0
(-? gives usage)
root@jhost002:~ #

This is on:
FreeBSD jhost002.mydomain.nl 13.0-ALPHA3 FreeBSD 13.0-ALPHA3 #35 stable/13-c256281-gc415d0df47fc: Mon FebĀ  1 17:04:49 CET 2021 r...@srv-01.home.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/KRNL amd64

I did not update the package or installed any other software besides the buildworld.

regards,
Johan

Without the check, varnish fails to start all together.

root@jhost002:/usr/local/etc/varnish # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/varnishd start
Performing sanity check on varnishd configuration:
Starting varnishd.
Warnings:
VCL compiled.

Debug: Version: varnish-6.5.1 revision NOGIT
Debug: Platform: FreeBSD,13.0-ALPHA3,amd64,-junix,-smalloc,-sdefault,-hcritbit
Debug: Child (78795) Started
eval: 000: not found
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/varnishd: WARNING: failed to start varnishd

I have tested this on a new machine updated to the same revision, same result.