On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 8:46 PM Kurt Jaeger <p...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a new laptop (Lenovo P14s), installed freebsd 13.0-RC5 on it
> with ZFS, geli encryption.
>
> If I cold-start the laptop, the first boot will crash before
> going multi-user and reboot, and the next boot will be fine.
>
> I activated /var/log/kern for kern.*, but the crash happens
> so early that nothing is logged.
>
> How can I get a textdump of that crash ?
>
> Would boot_ddb="YES" in /boot/loader.conf help ?
>
> --
> p...@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?

My opinion ( but not deterministic knowledge ) is that crash is due to
initialization of "microcodes" .

If a computer has a different operating system other than FreeBSD , such a
crash is occurring during the first boot .
I think the reason is that parts that are NOT able to use the newly stored
microcodes .
In a new boot , the above mentioned parts are becoming able to use the
stored microcodes during the first boot .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk