On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 8:34 PM 宋立杰 <friendjane2...@icloud.com> wrote:

> > 在 2021年4月25日,23:04,Li-Wen Hsu <lw...@freebsd.org> 写道:
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 9:55 PM 宋立杰 <friendjane2...@icloud.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, there is no ue0. And I made a mistake, it is 12.2-RELEASE other
> than STABLE. Sorry for that. Do I need to install STABLE to keep up with
> the newest development?
> >>
> >> This time usbmuxd works, but why it has to run in foreground? And
> what’s the difference to usb_config?
> >> And running in background, I can get DHCP offer this time, but I still
> can’t ping to any website, “The network is down”. Why?
> >>
> >> Best wishes,
> >> A BSD newbie
> >
> > Please don't forget CC the list unless there is sensitive information,
> > the discussion may also help others.
> >
> > For iOS 14, that patch is needed so if Apple did the same change in
> > the newer iOS 13 branch, upgrading to 12.2-STABLE is necessary. You
> > can also upgrade to 13.0-RELEASE if you want to keep tracking
> > -RELEASE.
> >
> > You can exit usbmuxd when you see ue0 is available. TBH I don't check
> > the details in those tools.
> >
> > If you can get an IP from DHCP, but cannot do any transmission, that's
> > exactly the same behavior on iOS 14 without that patch so upgrading to
> > a newer version might help.
> >
> > Best,
> > Li-Wen
>
> Sorry, I made another mistake 😂, this is my first time to use a mailing
> list.

That's OK, welcomed to the community. :-)

> Applying the 12.2-RELEASE-p6 patch doesn’t seem to work, how can I
> transfer to 12.2-STABLE?

-RELEASE only receive security and errata fixes, I'm not really sure that
patch should be in errata. But if others think it's worthy, I can try to do
so.

This doc should help, if there is any unclear, please report and help us
update it:

https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/cutting-edge/#current-stable

Or you can just apply that patch to 12.2-RELEASE's source and rebuild the
if_ipheth.ko module to test, if that's easier for you.

Also, using 13.0-RELEASE might be easier to install and test. Please
consider this route if you don't have a special reason to stay with 12.

Best,
Li-Wen