[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm obtain -stable (RELENG_4) every 2 days via cvsup.
> And do make world every time...
> But after  Aug 20, the system became unstable ;(
> It locks on hard loading (hard HDD usage),
> like a make release or even make buildworld ;(
> No panic, no crashdump, nothing, full lock...
> Just many HDD problems after hard reboot ;(

Look at the date= option in CVSup.

     date=[cc]yy.mm.dd.hh.mm.ss
                 This specifies a date that should be used to select the revi-
                 sions that are checked out from the CVS repository.  The
                 client will receive the revisions that were in effect at the
                 specified date and time.

So perhaps you want

        src-all date=2000.08.20.00.00.00 tag=RELENG_4

or something to get the code from midnight on the 20th August.  But
ideally you should try to find what is causing the problem, of course.

I assume that will work anyway, I've never actually used the date option
in CVSup myself.

--
Ben Smithurst / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / PGP: 0x99392F7D