Just F.Y.I.

 I have found that the same Netscape binary running on FreeBSD 4.1
 is much more reliable than that binary running on FreeBSD 3.x.

 I attribute this to the change in how FPU exceptions are handled.
 That is, Netscape is probably getting floating pt. underflows/overflows
 which it does not handle.  In FreeBSD 3.x, this dumped core,
 in 4.1 it is ignored.

 This may "improve" FreeBSD's reliability.

 [Of course, it raises a question regarding 2.x compatibility;
 shouldn't a 2.x binary continue to dump core on FPU exceptions,
 even on a later system?]

        - Dave Rivers -

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe (370) `C' compiler at http://www.dignus.com