On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 22:44 +0000, Phil Allsopp wrote:

> How would I find out if and when the 3Com 3c920 ethernet
> chipset will be supported by FreeBSD ?

It already is.  "man xl" doesn't show it (searching for "920"
won't find something), but the driver source code if_xl.c (in
-CURRENT as well in -STABLE) has some comment:

Supports the 3Com "boomerang", "cyclone" and "hurricane" PCI
bus-master chips (3c90x cards and embedded controllers) including
the following:
Dell on-board 3c920 10/100Mbps/RJ-45

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" [EMAIL PROTECTED]