Hi all,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask such questions. I've tried
to ask in freebsd-questions, but no one ever replied.

The disklabel output is as follows:

root@dns :~# disklabel ad1
# /dev/ad1c:
type: unknown
disk: amnesiac
label:
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 16
sectors/cylinder: 1008
cylinders: 29826
sectors/unit: 30064608
rpm: 5400
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 30064608        0    4.2BSD     1024  8192    16   # (Cyl.    0 -
29825)

I hope this helps.

One more question; how do you change the rpm value for a disk?

Thanks in advance.

Noor