Greetings,

  Thanks for the update.  My pleasure to work on it, really.

  Anyway, I looked into the files is /usr/ports/Mk and realised
  that there are others prefixes too like -esound, -glib, ...
  then there are more stuff like apache/mod_ssl/php ...  It gets
  way complicatd.

  Glad to know someone better at it is working on it.

Regards,
/calvin

lines with :> are quotes from Bruce A. Mah's email
:> If memory serves me right, Calvin NG wrote:
:>
:> >   Just send my first PR ever.  Anyway, maybe we can slip this
:> >   into 4.2??  Or is it too late?
:> >
:> >
:> >   Recently, some of the the ports that define 'USE_GTK'
:> >   adds the '-gtk' suffix to the package name/port name.
:> >   This breaks the pkg_version utility as it cannot fine
:> >   the portname/package in the INDEX file.
:>
:> I've closed this PR, because an upcoming commit to bsd.port.mk after the
:> release will activate some pkg_* changes (proposed by sobomax) that will
:> deal with this problem, as well as some other similar ones.  You can
:> follow the related discussion in the archives for the -ports list by
:> looking for messages with the subject "PROPOSAL: Use @comment PLIST
:> variable to track where installed packages came from".
:>
:> Thanks for taking the time to look into this problem though!
:>
:> Bruce.
:>
:>