On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 04:24:20AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> After completely installing 4.2-stable-20001208, I re-built a custom
> kernel in order to use parallel port zip drive; however, it just hang
> when I try to use /dev as instructed in

There is no need to rebuild anything to use // port Zip drive. Just
kldload vpo
(assuming you have plugged the zip and powered it--check with dmesg that
it has been probed)
After that you mount it. For example if it is dos formatted in slice 4
(the standard way)
mount -t msdos /dev/da0s4 /mnt

--
Michel Talon