I cvsuped to 4.3-BETA, ran make world and compiled my kernel and ran mergemaster.
but when i rebooted and try to play mp3s with mpg123 they play really fast and if i
use "play" to play a .wav or cat a .au file into /dev/audio the sounds get
cut off before the end.

I'm using the old sound drivers(maybe thats he problem?)
I recompiled mpg123 with no effect.

not sure what i should send so..

>From kernel:
device  snd
device  sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device  sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device  sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330

dmesg:
sb0 at port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa0
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.5>
sb0: driver is using old-style compatability shims
sbxvi0 at port 0xffffffff drq 5 on isa0
isa_compat: didn't get ports for sbxvi
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.5>
WARNING: "snd" is usurping "snd"'s cdevsw[]
sbxvi0: driver is using old-style compatability shims
sbmidi0 at port 0x330 on isa0
snd0: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>

FreeBSD swarzschild.ninja.cx 4.3-BETA FreeBSD 4.3-BETA #0: Sat Mar 10 13:35:17 PST
2001     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SWARZSCHILD  i386

--
"All my friends and I are crazy.  That's the only thing that keeps us
sane."

[EMAIL PROTECTED]