Today I removed KDE 2.1 and XFree86 4.0.3 from my 4.2-stable system to save
space.  Immediately after this I ran cvsup to update my ports database and
this message came up:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXaw.so.7" not found

A couple of hours previously cvsup had run without problems, so I can't
help wondering if removing XFree86 deleted something it
shouldn't.  Reinstalling cvsup doesn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?