Gabriel Rocha wrote:

> Hey,
>         I am just curious if I missed something totally obvious, if I
>         have, please hit me over the head with a clue-by-four and I will
>         go away quickly. But is there anything akin to oms and the
>         video4linux project for freebsd? I want to ditch my windows
>         partition on my laptop, but it would be such a waste of a
>         perfectly nice dvd drive...Thanks in advance. --gabe

xine can view unencrypted DVDs (unfortunatly most DVDs are encrypted,
from
what I've heard, only some porn DVDs are unencrypted).

There is a plugin that supposedly integrated DVD decryption in xine,
but I don't think it works (especially with the new, unstable version
of xine in the ports).

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer