Derek C. wrote:

> So, what I am asking, is there any advice that you would care to
> impart to this FreeBSD newbie (aside from RTFM, which I have done...
> FreeBSD's docs

Just follow (yes, it is part of the FM :)
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html

Perhaps nice is to familiarize yourself with booting another kernel than
/kernel (during the kernel install the old /kernel will be renamed to
/kernel.old) so that in case of a failing new kernel you know how to
revert to the old one.

Or did you want advice on what to modify/tune to the kernel config
itself ?

Hans Lambermont
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/