On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 02:35:32PM +0100, j mckitrick wrote:
| Any caveats I should look out for moving to version 4?

My only issue with it, is that ports seems to be rather confused about
where to register dependencies for X programs.

If you have XF86 v4 installed and try to install a window manager for
instance, ports will try to register the dependency with
Xfree86-3.3.6_9 which is obviously wrong. Now, if you set
XFREE86_VERSION=4 in your /etc/make.conf, ports will for some reason
try to register a dependency with imake-4.1.0, freetype2-2.0.3_1 and
XFree86-4-libraries-4.1.0, which isn't quite right either when the
package you have installed is called XFree86-4.1.0_4.

Ok, so this isn't a problem with X but rather a ports issue.
Nitpicking, probably, but I thought I'd mention it. :-)

Version 4 has otherwise been working flawlessly for me, both at home
and at work, for some time now. :-)

Jo