I don't know if this thread is really relevant to this list,
but assuming it is, my $.02.

Mine came way late only after multiple emails with windriver.
Once alerted they responded quickly.  I wasn't sure how soon
after a RELEASE was announced to start nagging them (anyone want
to answer that?).

While I waited, all sorts of trouble began happening related to
version shear (ports stopped building because fetch was looking
for older versions of sources, could not ftp some packages
from stable mirrors, etc).  Biggest of these problems was the
4.2 kernel wasn't able to deal with the new computer I had bought
and for a while, I was running a 4.3 kernel on an otherwise
4.2-RELEASE system (at 56k a kernel is all I'm prepared to
download).

-r