>Well, in the case of fxp(4), the man page is quite clear:
>
>     The fxp driver supports the following media options:
>
>     full-duplex           Set full duplex operation
>
>(end of list)
>
>It doesn't really make sense to have separate options for half and
>full duplex, because they are mutually exclusive anyway. So one of
>them was dropped. I'm not sure, but it seems to be the case with all
>NIC drivers using the common miibus code.

   I agree that the two options are mutually exclusive, but I don't agree
that it doesn't make sense to have both. It's not clear if there is a default
or what it defaults to or when such a default is relevant. There needs to
be a "half-duplex" option to make this explicitly clear in the configuration.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.