On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:13:55AM -0600, Joe Halpin wrote:

> supplied executables. Guess I should have also modified /etc/rc.conf at
> the same time.

You basically have two options here.  Since the port installed it's own
startup script, you could have simply set sshd_enable="NO" in rc.conf,
and the system would skip it's own sshd boot code.

Or, you could set the sshd_program and sshd_flags variables in rc.conf,
and the system would start the ports version at boot time.  Personally,
I prefer this method for programs that are in the base system, as I
think it's easier to undo the change if/when the base sshd (or whatever)
moves up to the latest version.

--K