Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 02:40:18PM -0500, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>
>>>On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:06:34PM -0500, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>>>
>>>I believe this was fixed in 4.4-STABLE.
>>>
>>reason I tried 4.4 rel is that upgrading to 4.5 rel failed also (some
>>symlink to one of the isoxxxx lang files)
>>

> Well, thats not the same problem then :) It shouldn't be happening if
> you're following the standard upgrade procedure (it _will_ if you
> don't: it often bites me when I try and be clever and skip steps).

I remember switching to shell scripts to do all of this when O'Brien
updated the /binutils during the transition from 4.0 > 4.1. The
consequence of mistyping a script name was immediately apparent where
as, mistyping an option would be found at the end of a bad make session.

The sequence of buildworld, build[install]kernel, installworld wasn't
an option when the /binutils were updated. I kind of wonder if the
same thing is going to happen when the /binutils are updated in ~2
months as was commented else where.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart