In message: <004901c1d53f$552ca650$1fa531d8@saturated>
            "paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
:    DVD-ROM drive on inspiron 8000 doesn't work in freebsd -stable. I
: searched the mailing lists and found a work around to do an
: autoboot_delay="60" which after doing my dvdrom drive worked fine in FreeBSD
: 4.5 -release, however does not work in -stable.
: I get a..........acd0c:Device not configured. Any help would be greatly
: appreciated

My DVD-ROM worked great up through FreeBSD-stable 4.5 as of when I
upgraded to -current (so say sometime in late Janurary).  I'm not sure
what has changed since then.

Warner