On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 14:14 +0200, Lasse Laursen wrote:

> I'm currently in the process of upgrading our Linux servers to FreeBSD. The
> Linux servers uses software raid 1 on the boot/root partitions - is there a
> way to do the same under FreeBSD 4.6?

The trick is to load a kernel with software RAID support even
before you have a root filesystem with your kernel and modules
on it. :)  This is not different between Linux and FreeBSD.
Putting everything you need to boot into a ramdisk and loading
it with your favourite boot manager is the solution.  (I'm not
sure but maybe the newly created livecd port is of help, too.
Or you have a look at how installation media are done.)

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" [EMAIL PROTECTED]