Hi!

Apologies if this has been discussed before and I missed it or this is
due to some stupidity on my part but I just did a fresh install of
4.6.1-RC2 and told it to install X for the first time.

Having installed X and configured it, when I tried to run X as a normal
user it died telling me that :
-- start paste --
(WW) checkDevMem: failed to open /dev/mem (Permission denied)
        linear framebuffer access unavailable

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: Server must be suid root
-- end paste --

Was this a mistake made when installing X?

Thanks!

Andrew.