- Mike H.

   Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:35:14 -0400
   Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   From: Chen Xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 10:20  AM, Dmitry Agafonov wrote:

   > We have compiled kernels (make buildkernel KERNCONF=LALALA) on one machine,
   >  and then after nfs-mounting /usr/src and /usr/obj to target machine -
   > make installkernel KERNCONF=LALALA
   > This works fine and is very good for poor-cpu/ram machines :)
   >

   > The question still remains - can one build a number of kernels and
   > then install them? This will save some time on updating a number
   > of machines: 3 steps (cvsup'ing and world and kernel(s) building)
   > may be fully automated.

   I don't see why you cann't do it for many machines. One can just
   make buildkernel KERNCONF=LALALA
   make buildkernel KERNCONF=ZAZAZA

   then nfs mount to each machine to installkernel. Only problem is
   that you have to do `installkernel KERNCONF=$cornel_config`
   on each target boxes, which makes fully auto a problem. \

   Chen