Aragon Gouveia wrote:
Ideally you should build, install, and boot your new kernel before
installing your new world. If your new kernel fails to boot for whatever
reason, you can easily boot the old kernel and have a fully functional
system again. If you installworld before verifying your new kernel, you
could run into worse problems if your new kernel doesn't load and you
have to boot the old kernel with your new world.
The only problem that I have with this approach, is that I keep all of my source on a vinum raid-5 volume. If I reboot before doing a make installworld, then there is always the possibility that with the new kernel and the old world I may not be able to mount the volume. So I always shutdown but *not* reboot before doing the installworld.

Phil.

--
_-_|\ Phil Kernick E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/ \ ROTFL Enterprises Mobile: 041 61 ROTFL