Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 08:12:47AM +0200, Roelof Osinga wrote:

Since NETSMB support is not in GENERIC, you must have added it to your
kernel yourself at some point.  When you modify your kernel
configuration you need to read the documentation to make sure you're
adding all necessary components (otherwise you'll get a broken kernel
config, like you did).  The documentation is in LINT.
Yep. And took it out again, would still not build. Does now though.

You're not exactly being specific here, but the full upgrade/rebuild
procedure is spelled out in the handbook if you're confused about how
to do it.
And so I once did. I guess somehow a deviation from the pattern slipped
in. Which I then faithfully copied at each rebuild. Also the reason
I didn't check the handbook first. My bad.

Sorry for the burden and thanks for the assistence!

Roelof