Lefteris Tsintjelis wrote:
Kent Stewart wrote:

cd /usr/ports
make index
portsdb -u

I get almost always "dependency list incompletes" with portsdb -Uu.
Would it be a good idea to always use the above instead?
No, because portsdb -U uses much less computer time to rebuild INDEX than make index does. On my AMD 2000+ XP, which is designed to do 20 minute buildworlds, a portsdb -U requires ~7 minutes and a make index requires ~11 minutes. If you are going to work on your ports, the extra time is time you just sit there. I find people go into their own version of an idle-loop after 2 minutes.

We just have to wait for knu to fix it.

KEnt

--
Kent Stewart