At 07:34 PM 23/12/2002 +0100, Thomas Nystrom wrote:
Ok, I have found that the board should have a VT6103 PHY-chip. There is no
specific support for that chip in FreeBSD and the default PHY driver is
used instead.
Hi,
By no specific driver, does that mean none is needed ? Or just that nothing is available now, so the lowest common denominator is used. Basically, I am asking, is this "a bad thing" ?

> Also, while pushing the board network wise, I got a
> vr0: Using force reset command.
> Is this normal ?

Did you get some other message before or after the 'force reset' message?
Nothing else that I saw.

Did the interface work after the forced reset?
Yes, it seemed to. Is there any extra debugging info I can provide ?

---Mike